The Vassar (Women’s) Choir was founded in 1876 by Charlotte Finch, class of 1872. Throughout its history the all-women’s ensemble collaborated with other colleges to perform masterworks, as well as performing on campus. When Vassar became co-educational in 1969, it took two years for the first mixed chorus, now known as the Vassar College Choir, to be formed. During this time, the Women’s Chorus went through several transformations before being known as the Vassar College Women’s Chorus. Repertoire includes a cappella and accompanied works from the Renaissance to the 21st century. The Women’s Chorus has performed in Chicago, Boston, and Philadelphia, and has toured in Turkey and Spain. All three ensembles (Vassar College Choir, Women’s Chorus and Madrigal Singers) toured in Oxford, London, and Paris during spring break, 2012. The ensemble debuted at the Rose Theater of New York’s Jazz at Lincoln Center in 2009, and was honored with invitations to perform at conferences for the American Choral Directors Association and the National Collegiate Choral Organization in 2010. Forthcoming commissions in 2012 include works by Eleanor Daley and Joelle Wallach.